Havana, October 24 (RHC/Wires)-- The Caribbean Broadcasting Union, the CBU, is meeting in Havana this week for its 47th Annual Assembly. The gathering began today, Monday, and will run through Thursday at Havana's Hotel Nacional. It is being attended by a majority of CBU members.
The CBU is the regional umbrella organization of radio and television broadcasters from English, French, Spanish and Dutch-speaking countries and territories across the Caribbean. The theme of this year’s assembly is “Building Media Capacity to Advance the Caribbean.”
In a welcome address, CBU President Shida Bolai reviewed the work of the organization during the last two years. This year’s gathering in Havana, is “particularly timely,” said Bolai, coming in an environment where Cuba has for decades been “a center of capacity building” for Caribbean progress and development.
The CBU annual assembly in Havana is expected to press forward in the search for broadcast media integration in the Caribbean.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 25 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 25, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 24 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 23 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 23, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 22, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6118
- today: 5930
- online: 321
- total: 8019304