Washington, October 24 (RHC)-- A meeting of Cuban residents in the United States, held in Washington, DC over the weekend, issued a declaration that demands an end to the U.S. policy of blockade against the neighboring island. The document calls Washington's ongoing economic circle against Cuba “illegal and inhumane.”
During the meeting, the participants also demanded the return of Guantanamo Bay to Cuba and denounced the use of subversive and destabilization programs against their home country.
“The Cuban Revolution cannot be defeated because it has remained true to its historical commitment to the poor people of the world, and has been a Revolution of the humble, with the humble and for the humble," reads the declaration.
The gathering of Cubans living in the U.S. was held at Washington's Howard University Hospital.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3880
- today: 2037
- online: 132
- total: 6147068