Havana, November 25 (RHC/Maritime Herald)–– The Chinese geophysical services company BGP has been awarded a contract to conduct 2D seismic survey offshore Cuba.
BGP was contracted by CubaPetroleo Corporation for the conducting of 2D seismic and gravity long-offset survey using high resolution and covering 25,000 km in Cuba's Economic Zone in the Gulf of Mexico.
The survey is designed for the acquiring of high quality data fundamental in interpreting the geology in the offshore Cuba, and identifying prospective structural and stratigraphic trends that could be used for regional evaluation and for future seismic survey modeling.
BGP will use its Norwegian-built vessel BGP Pioneer in the conduction of the survey, expected to be completed and produce its final data in the fourth quarter of 2017.
The Cuban offshore remains highly unexplored. Presence of an active hydrocarbon system is indicated by oil and gas shows in some of wells drilled in the area.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 3566
- online: 206
- total: 3852179