San Salvador, December 21 (RHC)-- Supported by Cuban teachers and the island's successful literacy program, another department in western El Salvador has been declared free of illiteracy.
According to reports from the Central American nation, this is the fourth Salvadoran department that has declared itself free of illiteracy over the past several days, a feat that has been supported by Cuban teachers acting as advisors.
The elimination of illiteracy in four departments of El Salvador has helped in reducing the illiteracy rate in that Central American nation, which requested aid from Cuba to conduct the highly successful campaign to teach people to read and write.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 460
- online: 137
- total: 5957076