San Salvador, December 21 (RHC)-- Supported by Cuban teachers and the island's successful literacy program, another department in western El Salvador has been declared free of illiteracy.
According to reports from the Central American nation, this is the fourth Salvadoran department that has declared itself free of illiteracy over the past several days, a feat that has been supported by Cuban teachers acting as advisors.
The elimination of illiteracy in four departments of El Salvador has helped in reducing the illiteracy rate in that Central American nation, which requested aid from Cuba to conduct the highly successful campaign to teach people to read and write.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 2236
- online: 136
- total: 4934009