San Salvador, December 21 (RHC)-- Supported by Cuban teachers and the island's successful literacy program, another department in western El Salvador has been declared free of illiteracy.
According to reports from the Central American nation, this is the fourth Salvadoran department that has declared itself free of illiteracy over the past several days, a feat that has been supported by Cuban teachers acting as advisors.
The elimination of illiteracy in four departments of El Salvador has helped in reducing the illiteracy rate in that Central American nation, which requested aid from Cuba to conduct the highly successful campaign to teach people to read and write.
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Cuba Celebrates National Science Day
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4318
- today: 4514
- online: 245
- total: 4215796