New York, December 21 (RHC)-- Cuba's ambassador to the UN Ana Silvia Rodríguez thanked the UN General Assembly for the homage paid to the historical leader of the Cuban Revolution Fidel Castro by the international community represented at that international body.
The Cuban diplomat also thanked UN member states for the countless gestures and messages of condolences and solidarity with the Cuban government and people in the wake of Fidel's death on November 25th.
She recalled the many speeches by the Cuban revolutionary leader at the United Nations against wars and the proliferation of weapons, and in defense of peace, the inalienable right of each and every nation and people to sovereignty and their self-determination, inclusive development and environmental protection.
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Senator Leahy urges U.S. government to fully restaff Embassy in Havana
- Brazil: fighting fire with fire?
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4641
- today: 4294
- online: 142
- total: 4365776