Saint George's, December 24 (RHC)-- A special tribute to the late leader of the Cuban Revolution Fidel Castro took place during the celebration in Grenada of the 44th anniversary of relations between Cuba and the Caribbean Community (CARICOM).
Terrence Marryshow, from the Grenada-Cuba Friendship Association, addressed the event, organized by the Cuban diplomatic mission in the island country. He emphasized the role Fidel played in the training of thousands of professionals in the region.
Marryshow recalled the solidarity and collaboration offered by the Cuban government and people in different spheres, despite facing the economic, commercial, financial blockade imposed by the United States.
Grenada's Minister of Public Health, Nickolas Steele, referred to Fidel's legacy in the Caribbean and around the world, and praised Cuban aid in the fields of medical care, construction, and education.
Cuba's ambassador in Saint George, María Caridad Balaguer, thanked those present for the countless messages and gestures of solidarity in the wake of Fidel's death on November 25th.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 1427
- online: 181
- total: 3858288