Havana, January 24 (RHC-ACN)-- The coastal areas of the Cuban capital remains in recovery phase today after heavy flooding on Monday as a result of a strong extra tropical low over South Carolina.
According to Prensa Latina News Agency, since early in the morning, representatives of the Civil Defense (DC by its Spanish acronym) and neighbors of the affected areas began working on sanitation and the restoration of basic services.
The meteorological event did not cause human losses, but there were some material damages, according to DC authorities in the territory.
There were in the area winds between 25 and 40 kilometers per hour that sometimes exceeded 60 km/h.
As a result of this meteorological situation, some 40 families were evacuated and their belongings were taken to safer places.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 2631
- online: 211
- total: 3859492