Havana, January 24 (RHC-ACN)-- The coastal areas of the Cuban capital remains in recovery phase today after heavy flooding on Monday as a result of a strong extra tropical low over South Carolina.
According to Prensa Latina News Agency, since early in the morning, representatives of the Civil Defense (DC by its Spanish acronym) and neighbors of the affected areas began working on sanitation and the restoration of basic services.
The meteorological event did not cause human losses, but there were some material damages, according to DC authorities in the territory.
There were in the area winds between 25 and 40 kilometers per hour that sometimes exceeded 60 km/h.
As a result of this meteorological situation, some 40 families were evacuated and their belongings were taken to safer places.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3174
- today: 1074
- online: 118
- total: 5045412