South African Anti-apartheid Activist Tokyo Sexwale
Havana, February 15 (RHC)-- Veteran South African anti-apartheid activist Tokyo Sexwale said the name Fidel Castro is undoubtedly linked to the South African people's fight for freedom and social justice.
In statements to Prensa Latina news agency, Sexwale said he is an admirer of the Cuban revolutionary leader, who died last November in Havana at the age of 90.
"In South Africa, we celebrate Fidel's life, his work,” the South African activist said shortly after the Tuesday's launching in Johannesburg of a 12-month program of activities to mark the 100th birthday anniversary of Nelson Mandela –to be celebrated in 2018.
The South African activist highlighted the profound friendship between Fidel and Mandela, and recalled the late South African leader's visits to Cuba.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 18
- With Alicia's death, the dance community has lost a genuine and true icon
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 17
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3579
- today: 2210
- online: 155
- total: 6507730