Havana, February 28 (RHC)-- Cuban Vice President Salvador Valdes Mesa met Monday in Havana with Hamma Salama, a member of the Permanent Bureau of the Polisario Front's National Secretariat, who is visiting Cuba at the invitation of the Cuban Communist Party.
During the meeting, the two officials described as 'excellent' the historical friendship relations between the Polisario Front and the Cuban Communist Party.
The Polisario member said that Cuban revolutionary leader, the late Fidel Castro, is a symbol of the long friendship between the Cuban and Sahrawi peoples, and praised Cuba's cooperation with the Sahrawi people, particularly in education and health.
Vice President Valdés Mesa reiterated Cuba's solidarity with and support for the Polisario Front, particularly their struggle for more than 40 years for the independence of Western Sahara.
The Cuban vice president congratulated the distinguished visitor on the occasion of the 41st anniversary of the proclamation of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by the Polisario Front on February 27th, 1976.
On behalf of the Cuban government and people, the Cuban vice president thanked the Polisario Front and the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic for their traditional support for the resolution adopted annually by the African Union against Washington's blockade of Cuba.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 2914
- online: 215
- total: 3836884