Hero of the Republic of Cuba Fernando González
Havana, March 29 (RHC)-- Hero of the Republic of Cuba, Fernando González, has been designated as the new President of the Cuban Friendship Institute (ICAP).
Fernando, one of the Cuban Five anti-terrorists, who served long, unfair prison terms in U.S. jails, replaces Kenia Serrano. Kenia served in the post for eight years, during which she developed a commendable work, boosting the world movement of solidarity with our country.
Upon his return to Cuba in June 2014, Fernando was designated Vice President of ICAP, a post he used to travel around the world to disseminate the truth about Cuba's reality and contribute to the world campaign to release his other three compatriots, Cuba Five members Gerardo Hernández, Antonio Guerrero and Ramón Labañino, who were still behind bars in the U.S.
- RHC's national and international news stories
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 7
- Attacks on Saudi Arabia sparks tension in the Middle East
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3981
- today: 3221
- online: 170
- total: 6375264