Cuban Vice President Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez
Havana, May 4 (RHC)-- Cuban Vice President Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez attended a meeting of the Executive Council of the World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU), held Thursday in Havana.
Addressing the meeting, Díaz-Canel briefed union leaders from around the world on the ongoing process to update Cuba’s socialist economic model, as well as on the process toward the normalization of relations with the United States.
Referring to the battle being waged by workers, social movements and progressive forces all over the world, Días-Canel said: “The current battle is to combat the perverse attempts by imperialist powers to divide the international trade union movement, as part of a broader neoliberal agenda that seeks to destroy the people's national identity, independence and sovereignty.
He renewed Cuba's commitment to working class' causes the world over and the country's unwavering support for the World Federation of Trade unions.
Meanwhile, Mzwandile Michael Makwayiba and George Mavrikos, WFTU president and secretary general, respectively, reaffirmed the organization’s support for the Cuban working class.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3691
- today: 2028
- online: 237
- total: 4080509