Havana, June 2 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raul Castro, speaking at the closing of the National Assembly's Extraordinary Session on Thursday, said that lawmakers had reaffirmed the socialist character of the Cuban Revolution.
The Cuban leader noted that deputies to the Cuban parliament reviewed and approved modifications to the Conceptualization of the Cuban Economic and Social Model of Socialist Development.
The Cuban president also expressed his country's solidarity with sister Latin American nations Venezuela and Brazil.
He described the call for foreign intervention on the premise of helping the Venezuelan people as hypocritical. He said that the only way to help the people of Venezuela is to show, through action, full respect for the country’s sovereignty and support constructive and respectful dialogue as the only way to resolve differences.
And Raul Castro reiterated concern over events in Brazil, saying that Cuba is convinced that the only way to restore legitimacy in that country's political system is by respecting the sovereign will and authority of the people.
The Cuban president announced that the National Assembly will reconvene in July to address other important national and international matters.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 2619
- online: 84
- total: 5864392