Havana, June 2 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raul Castro, speaking at the closing of the National Assembly's Extraordinary Session on Thursday, said that lawmakers had reaffirmed the socialist character of the Cuban Revolution.
The Cuban leader noted that deputies to the Cuban parliament reviewed and approved modifications to the Conceptualization of the Cuban Economic and Social Model of Socialist Development.
The Cuban president also expressed his country's solidarity with sister Latin American nations Venezuela and Brazil.
He described the call for foreign intervention on the premise of helping the Venezuelan people as hypocritical. He said that the only way to help the people of Venezuela is to show, through action, full respect for the country’s sovereignty and support constructive and respectful dialogue as the only way to resolve differences.
And Raul Castro reiterated concern over events in Brazil, saying that Cuba is convinced that the only way to restore legitimacy in that country's political system is by respecting the sovereign will and authority of the people.
The Cuban president announced that the National Assembly will reconvene in July to address other important national and international matters.
- Spain and Cuba for expanded relations and cooperation
- Cuban scholar: The blockade is a whole system of laws, regulations and restrictions passed by the US government
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3226
- today: 3384
- online: 162
- total: 5259160