Belmopan, June 27 (RHC-PL)-- Belize will increase its links with Cuba, Tracy Taegar-Panton, Belizean State Minister for Economic Development, Oil, Investments and Trade, assured during her meeting Monday with the Cuban Ambassador Lissette Perez.
Taegar-Panton confirmed that Belize will take part in the upcoming 35th edition of the Havana International Fair taking place between October 30 and November 3.
In May, Belizean First Deputy Prime Minister Patrick Faber visited Havana, and met with Cuban Vice President Salvador Valdes and Cuban Foreign Trade and Investment Minister Rodrigo Malmierca.
Malmierca will send invitations to Belizean businessmen and entrepreneurs interested in attending the 2017 Havana International Fair (FIHAV 2017).
Belize bases its own economy on fishing, tourism and agriculture, while the public health sector is one that stands out in the 25 year cooperation between Belmopan and Havana, with the support and the recognition of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO).
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3635
- today: 2517
- online: 127
- total: 5040047