Havana, August 10 (RHC)-- The Director of the UNESCO's Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean Káterin Muller-Marín highlighted the importance of rumba rhythm, calling it 'an expression of people's resistance and national identity.'
In statements to the press in the lead-up to the 19th International Rumba Festival, the UNESCO official said rumba is a symbol of Cuba's rich cultural heritage.
The festival, organized by the Cultural Integration Project Timbalaye, will take place August 18th through September 1st, with activities planned all across the country.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3635
- today: 2510
- online: 124
- total: 5040040