Havana, August 10 (RHC)-- The Director of the UNESCO's Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean Káterin Muller-Marín highlighted the importance of rumba rhythm, calling it 'an expression of people's resistance and national identity.'
In statements to the press in the lead-up to the 19th International Rumba Festival, the UNESCO official said rumba is a symbol of Cuba's rich cultural heritage.
The festival, organized by the Cultural Integration Project Timbalaye, will take place August 18th through September 1st, with activities planned all across the country.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 2206
- online: 213
- total: 3859067