Havana, January 8 (RHC)-- Cubans marked Monday the 59th anniversary of the arrival of the Freedom Caravan, led by Fidel Castro, after the revolutionary triumph in January 1959.
The Freedom Caravan is the name given to the road journey of more than one thousand kilometers taken by the Rebel Army from east to west across the country, after the triumph of the Revolution. The caravan's journey began on January 2nd, arriving in Havana on the 8th.
From Havana, the caravanistas continued on their journey to Pinar del Río -- Cuba's westernmost province -- where they arrived on January 17th, 1959, thus consolidating the revolutionary triumph.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 2255
- online: 191
- total: 6653320