Mumbai, Feb 8 (RHC)-- The Cuban Ambassador in India, Oscar Martínez Cordovés handed the Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, K. Nagaraj Naidn, the ratification document of the Framework Agreement of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) signed by Cuban President Raul Castro. In this way, Cuba becomes a Founding Member of this Alliance, whose foundational Summit will take place on March 11, 2018, in New Delhi.
The International Solar Alliance was created in 2015 by India and France. The fundamental objective of this organization is to work for the efficient exploitation of solar energy in order to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.
Cuba is one of more than 120 countries situated wholly or partly between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn, which have entered the ISA, and share the collective ambition to undertake innovative and concerted efforts for the immediate deployment of solar generation assets.
The ISA Framework Agreement was opened for signature during CoP-22 in Marrakesh on November 15, 2016. According to information published on the ISA official site, 50 countries have signed the Framework Agreement and 22 have signed and ratified it, Cuba among them.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4151
- today: 2109
- online: 176
- total: 6763179