Paris, April 10 (RHC)-- At UNESCO, Cuba urged member states to unite toward ending wars, threats and the use of force, calling the United nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization a unique platform to promote world peace.
Cuba's representative before UNESCO's Executive Council, Oscar León González, said the UN entity is “the best equipped international institution to promote world peace and stability through education, culture, scientific knowledge and information access.”
León González, who is also the president of Cuba's UNESCO Commission, pointed to the proclamation of Latin America and the Caribbean as a Zone of Peace, calling it a milestone in our region's history. He insisted that similar initiatives should be replicated around the globe.
- Jorge Arreaza: Cuba and Venezuela are sister nations and we are on the right side of history
- Vietnamese deputy prime minister and foreign minister concludes official visit
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3262
- today: 2160
- online: 136
- total: 5945926