Paris, April 10 (RHC)-- At UNESCO, Cuba urged member states to unite toward ending wars, threats and the use of force, calling the United nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization a unique platform to promote world peace.
Cuba's representative before UNESCO's Executive Council, Oscar León González, said the UN entity is “the best equipped international institution to promote world peace and stability through education, culture, scientific knowledge and information access.”
León González, who is also the president of Cuba's UNESCO Commission, pointed to the proclamation of Latin America and the Caribbean as a Zone of Peace, calling it a milestone in our region's history. He insisted that similar initiatives should be replicated around the globe.
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- A pause in the fight over BREXIT
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 16
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3981
- today: 1207
- online: 119
- total: 6373250