Havana, June 2 (RHC)-- Seven people have died and two are missing in Cuba, after heavy rains and flooding caused by Subtropical Storm Alberto hit the island, according to a report from the National Civil Defense Chief of Staff.
The two missing individuals are from the provinces of Villa Clara and Ciego de Ávila, while the seven victims -- from Ciego de Ávila, Sancti Spíritus, Villa Clara, Matanzas and Pinar del Río -- are all reported to have drowned.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 340
- online: 100
- total: 5956956