Havana, June 2 (RHC)-- Seven people have died and two are missing in Cuba, after heavy rains and flooding caused by Subtropical Storm Alberto hit the island, according to a report from the National Civil Defense Chief of Staff.
The two missing individuals are from the provinces of Villa Clara and Ciego de Ávila, while the seven victims -- from Ciego de Ávila, Sancti Spíritus, Villa Clara, Matanzas and Pinar del Río -- are all reported to have drowned.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 4299
- online: 173
- total: 6627190