Segundo Frente, July 25 (RHC) -- General Raúl Castro, Cuban Communist Party's First Secretary, presided over the provincial rally marking July 26 at the historic Segundo Frente municipality, off Santiago de Cuba.
Segundo Frente, or Second Front, takes its name and historical significance from the fighting command outpost set up there by Raul Castro during Cuba's revolutionary war.
The mountainous municipality was chosen as venue of the provincial commemoration this year in consideration of the outstanding comprehensive results attained by the territory in its economic and social development efforts.
Provincial Santiago de Cuba leaders Lázaro Expósito, the Party's First Secretary, and Vice President of the Cuban Council of State and Provincial Assembly President Beatriz Johnson also attended the function.
The cultural and political gala was how the Santiago de Cuba province marked the events of July 26, 1953, when Fidel Castro and a group of young revolutionaries attacked Moncada Barracks, reigniting Cuba's struggle for national sovereignty and independence.
The national function to mark the July 26 events is scheduled for the city of Santiago de Cuba this Thursday, at the very premises of the attack—Moncada Barracks, presently a school complex.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4714
- today: 3298
- online: 146
- total: 6742245