Havana, March 8 (RHC) The delegates to the 9th Congress of the Cuban Women´s Federation (FMC) which ran till Saturday, acknowledged Revolution leader Fidel Castro as the main promoter of the achievements of the Revolution and of their organization.
Communist Party’ s Second Secretary Jose Ramon Machado Ventura presided over the closing session of the forum along with National Assembly President Esteban Lazo.
During the session, the over 370 delegates and 120 guests paid tribute to Vilma Espin, founder and president of honor of the Federation and to unforgettable Celia Sanchez, two main revolutionary women who defended and promoted the rights and presence of women at all social levels.
The Congress closes with the announcement of a new Secretariat and a National Committee of the women’s organization, after participants take place in a direct and secret vote.
Exemplary work is the only way to boost the work of Federation members and their contribution to the development of the country, said the current general secretary of the organization Teresa Amarelle.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3743
- today: 3279
- online: 111
- total: 6068100