Havana, Aug 4 (RHC) – In an unprecedented event in the history of the Cuban Revolution, Cuban nationals living abroad will be allowed to participate in the debates surrounding the new constitution project, the Cuban Foreign Ministry announced on Friday.
A section will be enabled on the Nation and Emigration website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Cubans to access to the draft text of the new Constitution and post proposals for modifications or comments.
Some 1.4 million Cubans living in over 120 countries will thus be able to join the constitutional debate, beginning the first week of September, when the technical conditions for the on-line facility will have concluded.
The draft of the new Constitution was approved on July 22 by The National Assembly. The proposed text will now be submitted to popular consultation, from August 13 to November 15.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3898
- today: 2485
- online: 138
- total: 5240917