Havana, Aug 4 (RHC) – In an unprecedented event in the history of the Cuban Revolution, Cuban nationals living abroad will be allowed to participate in the debates surrounding the new constitution project, the Cuban Foreign Ministry announced on Friday.
A section will be enabled on the Nation and Emigration website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Cubans to access to the draft text of the new Constitution and post proposals for modifications or comments.
Some 1.4 million Cubans living in over 120 countries will thus be able to join the constitutional debate, beginning the first week of September, when the technical conditions for the on-line facility will have concluded.
The draft of the new Constitution was approved on July 22 by The National Assembly. The proposed text will now be submitted to popular consultation, from August 13 to November 15.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2961
- today: 640
- online: 106
- total: 5047939