Havana, Aug 4 (RHC) – In an unprecedented event in the history of the Cuban Revolution, Cuban nationals living abroad will be allowed to participate in the debates surrounding the new constitution project, the Cuban Foreign Ministry announced on Friday.
A section will be enabled on the Nation and Emigration website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Cubans to access to the draft text of the new Constitution and post proposals for modifications or comments.
Some 1.4 million Cubans living in over 120 countries will thus be able to join the constitutional debate, beginning the first week of September, when the technical conditions for the on-line facility will have concluded.
The draft of the new Constitution was approved on July 22 by The National Assembly. The proposed text will now be submitted to popular consultation, from August 13 to November 15.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3520
- today: 1794
- online: 135
- total: 5645941