Havana, Aug 4 (RHC) – In an unprecedented event in the history of the Cuban Revolution, Cuban nationals living abroad will be allowed to participate in the debates surrounding the new constitution project, the Cuban Foreign Ministry announced on Friday.
A section will be enabled on the Nation and Emigration website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Cubans to access to the draft text of the new Constitution and post proposals for modifications or comments.
Some 1.4 million Cubans living in over 120 countries will thus be able to join the constitutional debate, beginning the first week of September, when the technical conditions for the on-line facility will have concluded.
The draft of the new Constitution was approved on July 22 by The National Assembly. The proposed text will now be submitted to popular consultation, from August 13 to November 15.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3208
- today: 666
- online: 104
- total: 5428085