Santiago de Chile, March 12 (RHC)-- Chilean President Michelle Bachelet received Cuban First Vice President Miguel Diaz-Canel, who headed the island’s delegation to her official swearing-in Ceremony on Tuesday.
During the meeting, Diaz-Canel conveyed greetings from President Raul Castro and expressed Cuba’s willingness to expand relations with Chile, not only in the political and diplomatic field but also in the economic, commercial and cooperation areas.
According to Granma newspaper, the Chilean President acknowledged the role played by Cuba as president of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States and also expressed her willingness to strengthen bilateral relations with Cuba.
The meeting was attended by Chile’s Foreign Minister Haroldo Munoz and by Cuban Deputy Foreign Minister Rogelio Sierra, as well as by Cuban Ambassador to Chile, Adolfo Curbelo.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- NYT: A Cuban vaccine against COVID-19 is on the brink of an extraordinary scientific achievement
- Cuba elected vice-chair of the UN Committee on Decolonization
- Power outages and cold temperatures hit millions in Texas as energy companies make huge profits
- Cuba reaffirms commitment to fight against discrimination
- Iranian foreign minister says U.S. sanctions inflicted $1 trillion damage on economy