Carlos Fernandez de Cossio. Photo: Prensa Latina
Havana, October 15 (RHC)-- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Minrex) General Director for the United States, Carlos Fernández de Cossío, has denounced the increasingly hostile rhetoric being used by Washington against Cuba.
The foreign ministry official said: "Very specifically, the United States intends to defend, by any means, its unilateral policy of economic blockade, which is the object of universal condemnation.” The U.S. government, he continued, “knows that this conduct is not supported by the U.S. people, or by Cubans residing there."
Carlos Fernández de Cossío said: “Far from dialoguing on the basis of respect, as Cuba has done to promote cooperation, and as it does with other countries, the U.S. government resorts to fraudulent accusations and defamatory campaigns.”
The Minrex official noted that the U.S. government allocates millions of dollars every year “to attack Cuba’s constitutional order, interfere in internal affairs and finance individuals who act as agents of a foreign power, which is illegal in Cuba, as it is in the United States and other countries.
“Cuba is a country of peace, that conducts foreign relations based on respect and cooperation, that has a long track record of recognized solidarity and friendship, particularly with developing countries,” he said. “It is the U.S. policy towards Cuba that is isolated.”
He recalled that this coming October 31st, the UN General Assembly will once again vote for an end to the blockade. “The United Sates government and its State Department should pay attention to this universal demand.”
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 28
- Yusuam Palacios: we must continue learning from José Martí to confront and overcome the problems humanity faces today
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #62
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 27
- 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz: Ksenia Olkhova, a survivor of the Nazis concentration camp, shares her story
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11638
- today: 11035
- online: 240
- total: 7115386