London, January 28 (RHC)-- Cuba and the United Kingdom will increase cooperation in academic matters through the signing of new agreements between their universities, according to Cuban Minister of Higher Education, Jose Ramon Saborio. We are in a good moment of collaboration and with very good prospects, the official told Prensa Latina.
Saborio, who participated in the recently held World Education Forum in the British capital, said he took advantage of his stay here to meet with local academic authorities and discuss issues of bilateral cooperation.
Several doors have been opened and in February 2020 we will have the first meeting of rectors of Cuban and British universities, he said.
According to the Cuban Minister of Higher Education, there are possibilities of financing for research projects, postgraduate studies scholarships and student academic mobility between both countries. Although he acknowledged that cooperation between Cuban and British universities dates back several years and there are bilateral agreements, Saborio stressed that "now is another time."
During his three-day stay, the Cuban minister met with parliamentarians, businesspersons and other local politicians, and was received by the Prince of Wales, heir to the British Crown.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4802
- today: 2560
- online: 165
- total: 6658427