Havana, February 6 (RHC)-- Delegates will discuss the role of trade unions in forging unity among educators and the need for continental dialogue on education, during the 16th International Pedagogy Congress 2019.
Also scheduled to take place are presentations on strategies toward combating imperial domination, and about education and critical awareness, the latter by the Brazilian theologian Frei Betto.
Tribute was paid to the historical leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, on the second day of the event, in which participants highlighted the Cuban leader's efforts to constantly promote and improve education in and outside the island.
More than 600 delegates from 42 countries are participating in the Congress, which will run through February 8, in the Havana International Convention Center.
The event includes symposiums, panel discussions and the presentation of more than 1,500 works by professors and researchers, mainly from Angola, Mozambique, South Africa, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, China, France, Spain, Italy and the United States.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3880
- today: 726
- online: 110
- total: 6145757