Havana, June 5 (RHC)-- Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel rejected on Tuesday the new restrictions announced by the Trump Administration, affirming that they are doomed to fail.
“Cuba will not be frightened nor distracted with new threats and restrictions. Work, creativity, efforts and resistance is our response. The US has been unable to suffocate us. They will not stop us, we will overcome all obstacles,” said the Cuban leader in a tweet.
On Tuesday, the US Treasury Department announced a reversal of travel permits authorized by the Obama Administration, including the termination of “People to People” educational and cultural trips to the island. It also bans cruise lines, yachts, sailboats and private flights from going to the island.
The restrictions are effective on June 5th, after their publication on the Federal Register.
Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla also rejected the announcement on Twitter.
According to the Cuban Foreign Minister's report to national media last January, in 2018, more than 639,000 US citizens traveled to Cuba, which represented a growth with respect to 2017, although it showed a lower growth rate in relation to the last five years.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 10, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 9, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 8, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 7, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 6, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 5, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6499
- today: 2523
- online: 174
- total: 8511763