New York, July 16 (RHC) Cuba's Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment, Rodrigo Malmierca, met with UN Deputy Secretary General Amina Mohammed and reaffirmed the island's commitment to the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda.
The minister is in New York, attending the UN High Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development.
In his meeting with Mohammed, Malmierca addressed the negative consequences of the unjust economic, commercial and financial blockade of the United States against Cuba for the cooperation between the United Nations System and the largest of the Antilles, as well as for the implementation of Agenda 2030.
Both parties ratified their will to continue strengthening cooperation ties and promote South-South and triangular cooperation initiatives, in pursuit of common development goals.
The UN Deputy Secretary General acknowledged Cuba's achievements in the implementation of the SDGs and the valuable contribution that the Caribbean country is making to other states of the South.
Malmierca also met on Monday with the Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Achim Steiner.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 6, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 4, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 3, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 31, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6763
- today: 2133
- online: 247
- total: 8479958