Havana, May 13 (RHC)-- Sixty-three days after the first confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Cuba, the behavior of the disease in the country remains within the most favorable forecasts, and the Cuban government, far from being confident, continues the systematic evaluation of each of the measures that have been designed to confront the epidemic in the most diverse scenarios.
Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel and Prime Minister Manuel Marrero Cruz led another meeting with the temporary working group for the prevention and control of the new coronavirus, where the Minister of Public Health, José Ángel Portal Miranda, highlighted the positive trend towards a decrease in active cases in the country.
According to Portal Miranda, of the 1,804 patients confirmed with COVID-19, 447 people were hospitalized at the end of Monday, representing 25% of the total. He also noted that 99.1% of them had maintained a favorable clinical evolution.
As of Tuesday, the Minister of Public Health said that 48 new patients were registered on the last day and that a total of 1,277 patients had been recovered, representing 70.7% of the total number of confirmed patients.
The head of Public Health ratified that this Tuesday began, in all provinces, the realization of molecular tests of PCR in real time in representative samples of the apparently healthy Cuban population. The study plans to take samples from the homes of the people involved in the research, he said.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 4, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 04, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6766
- today: 5076
- online: 172
- total: 8096970