Havana, May 22 (RHC) -- The gala “Me Dicen Cuba,” a tribute to the five Cuban anti-terrorist fighters known as the Cuban Five, takes place tonight at the Karl Marx Theater in Havana.
The show, organized by the Cuban Recording and Musical Editions Studios (EGREM), follows the launching of a commemorative album of the same name, winner of the Cubadisco 2014 Special Award. The album marks the 50th anniversary of the oldest record label in the country.
On the album, acclaimed Cuban artists such as Digna Guerra and the Choir Entrevoces, Yoruba Andabo, Buena Fe, Silvio Rodríguez, Alexander Abreu, Frank Fernandez and Los Van Van, pay tribute to René González, Gerardo Hernández, Ramón Labañino, Antonio Guerrero, Fernando González.
These men, regarded by the Cuban people as heroes, were imprisoned in Miami for monitoring anti-Cuba terrorist cells, who were planning violent actions against the Caribbean island. Such actions have killed more than 3000 thousand people in more than 50 years of repeated aggressions, and have caused a great deal of material and human damage to Cuba.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4133
- today: 1759
- online: 133
- total: 4937665