Havana, May 22 (RHC) -- The gala “Me Dicen Cuba,” a tribute to the five Cuban anti-terrorist fighters known as the Cuban Five, takes place tonight at the Karl Marx Theater in Havana.
The show, organized by the Cuban Recording and Musical Editions Studios (EGREM), follows the launching of a commemorative album of the same name, winner of the Cubadisco 2014 Special Award. The album marks the 50th anniversary of the oldest record label in the country.
On the album, acclaimed Cuban artists such as Digna Guerra and the Choir Entrevoces, Yoruba Andabo, Buena Fe, Silvio Rodríguez, Alexander Abreu, Frank Fernandez and Los Van Van, pay tribute to René González, Gerardo Hernández, Ramón Labañino, Antonio Guerrero, Fernando González.
These men, regarded by the Cuban people as heroes, were imprisoned in Miami for monitoring anti-Cuba terrorist cells, who were planning violent actions against the Caribbean island. Such actions have killed more than 3000 thousand people in more than 50 years of repeated aggressions, and have caused a great deal of material and human damage to Cuba.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 2527
- online: 201
- total: 3836497