Havana, May 29 (RHC) – The complex process of restoration of the Bacunayagua Bridge, one of the greatest works of Cuban engineering, is nearing completion of its first phase, according to an expert interviewed by Granma newspaper.
Miguel Figueredo, brigade leader of the Construction and Specialized Assembly Company (ECME by its Spanish acronym), an organization that runs the refurbishing of the bridge, said that there is only one block left to repair and paint of the 11 of the structure.
Then they will start working on the concrete arch, last phase of the works, which they intend to complete before year end.
One member of the brigade, Yoandri Doural recognized the complexity of the work due to the topographic characteristics of the area and the considerable height of the bridge.
The Bacunayagua Bridge, with its 114 meters of height and over 50 years of operation, is considered a relic of Cuban engineering.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4164
- today: 3937
- online: 156
- total: 4485690