Havana, June 28, (RHC), – The First International Convention of Cuban Industry closed on Friday after achieving strategic alliances to develop new local products that will replace costly imports, said Jorge Luis Suarez, member of the organizing committee.
The closing of the event was attended by Cuban vice-president and Revolution Commander, Ramiro Valdes, who also attended the inauguration of the exhibit of products and services earlier this week.
Suarez said that the convention favored opportunities for technology transfer and new businesses as well as the exchange of expertise that will undoubtedly help the development of Cuban industry.
The convention found ways to identify new providers of raw materials and other items as well as potential markets for Cuban exports. The international event took place at Havana’s conventions center and a specialized fair was also part and parcel of the event of the Cuban industry.
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Spain attempts to banish the ghost of the tyrant Franco
- Puerto Rico: the resistance movements in the 21st century colony
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2531
- today: 1775
- online: 52
- total: 4926078