The brigade was welcomed by Deputy Health Minister Madina Rahman, who said that the Cubans left their homes and families to come to her country in order to fight the terrible disease and share knowledge with local doctors.
Cuban ambassador to Ghana, Jorge Lefebre, who was also at the airport, described Ebola as another war and said that the Cuban professionals came wwith the commitment of saving the lives of their sisters and brothers of Sierra Leone.
With the assistance of China, Cuba and a medical team from the U.K. which is helping to set up laboratories and treatment centers in the country, local authorities hope to eliminate Ebola in Sierra Leone.
According to the World Health Organization, the Cubans have over 15 years of experience in controlling and fighting epidemics.
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Spain attempts to banish the ghost of the tyrant Franco
- Puerto Rico: the resistance movements in the 21st century colony
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2531
- today: 386
- online: 61
- total: 4924689