Havana, October 16 (RHC) -– Heads of state and government and other representatives from member countries of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our Americas (ALBA-TCP), will gather in Havana October 20th to address a joint contribution to the prevention and fight against Ebola, an epidemic currently hitting Western and Central Africa.
An announcement posted on the website of the Cuban Foreign Ministry explains that in accordance with the United Nations General Secretary’s appeal to join the international efforts to prevent and fight Ebola, the Havana meeting will devise a joint regional mechanism to face this imminent danger and to prevent the dissemination of the disease in the Latin America and Caribbean region.
The extraordinary summit of the ALBA bloc will also be attended by officials from international organizations, according to the announcement.
Ebola's death toll has already exceeded 4,000 since the disease reappeared in March in several West African nations.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 2956
- online: 198
- total: 4103152