Havana, February 2 (RHC-PL) -- An international course on dengue fever and its epidemiological situation in the world and the region will be hosted by Cuba from August 10th to the 21st, the website Infomed of the Ministry of Public Health announced this weekend.
The course is sponsored by the Institute of Tropical Medicine Pedro Kouri (IPK), the Cuban Society of Microbiology and Parasitology, the Ministry of Public Health of Cuba (Minsap), the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and the World Health Organization (WHO), among other organizations.
The meeting will debate clinical treatment of the patients, vector control, advances in the research on dengue pathogens, vaccines, antiviral development and human genetics.
Also, the impact of climate change on the spread of dengue and mathematical models for dengue expansion forecast will be the center of special debates.
- Bruno Rodriguez: it is imperative that states refrain from excerpting pressure on others, in violation of international law
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Mass protests in Puerto Rico in demand of Governor Ricardo Rosselló’s resignation
- Race for Nelson Mandela in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3260
- today: 3897
- online: 135
- total: 6162666