Havana, April 29 (RHC) -- The president-elect of Nigeria, Muhammad Buhari, received Cuban Ambassador Carlos Trejo this week, the island’s mission in that country reported.
During their conversations, Buhari and Trejo agreed on the importance of developing closer cooperation ties. The Cuban ambassador also took the opportunity to convey greetings from Cuban President Raul Castro and congratulate Buhari for his election victory.
Trejo expressed the island's readiness to undertake actions to strengthen economic cooperation with Nigeria, one of Africa's budding economic powerhouses.
For his part, president-elect Muhammadu Buhari expressed his admiration for Fidel Castro and the Cuban Revolution's social achievements.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 2361
- online: 185
- total: 6653426