Havana, May 4 (RHC) –- Japan expressed its support of ongoing efforts by Cuba and the United States to normalize bilateral relations.
“We hope that progress is made between the United States and Cuba,” said Japanese Foreign Ministry's spokesperson Ken Okaniwa in statements to Prensa Latina news agency, who added that such progress will also contribute to strengthening economic links between Cuba and Japan.
In this regard, the spokesperson recalled his country's interest in furthering bilateral relations with Cuba and promoting economic links. He said that as part of bilateral relations, Japan will carry out research next fall to implement a donation of medical equipment to the island.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 3223
- online: 107
- total: 4841667