Havana, May 4 (RHC) –- Japan expressed its support of ongoing efforts by Cuba and the United States to normalize bilateral relations.
“We hope that progress is made between the United States and Cuba,” said Japanese Foreign Ministry's spokesperson Ken Okaniwa in statements to Prensa Latina news agency, who added that such progress will also contribute to strengthening economic links between Cuba and Japan.
In this regard, the spokesperson recalled his country's interest in furthering bilateral relations with Cuba and promoting economic links. He said that as part of bilateral relations, Japan will carry out research next fall to implement a donation of medical equipment to the island.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 1589
- online: 143
- total: 4371914