Havana, September 19 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raul Castro personally welcomed Pope Francis at the José Marti International Airport in Havana Saturday afternoon. Addressing those present at the welcoming ceremony, the Cuban head of state pointed to tireless efforts by the Cuban government and people to build a truly just society with equity, despite the constant economic and political attacks against Cuba by its enemies.
The Cuban president said that the U.S. blockade against Cuba "is cruel, immoral and illegal."
During his welcoming speech, which lasted approximately 15 minutes, the Cuban president: “Capitalism alienates people, instilling in them attitudes and behavioral patterns which only serve the interests of capital and big business. Cuba's socialist society, on the other hand, puts human beings above everything else, as it aims to guarantee our country's full independence, sovereignty and development for the well being of our people and nation.”
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 6, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 06, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 05, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 4, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 04, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5174
- today: 5176
- online: 176
- total: 8276007