Santiago de Cuba, October 10 (RHC)-- A military ceremony and special honor guard is being held in Santiago de Cuba to pay tribute to Jose Marti and Carlos Manuel de Cespedes on the 147th anniversary of the beginning of the Ten Years War. The ceremony takes place at the Santa Ifigenia Cemetery with cadets from the Comandante Arides Estevez Superior Military School from Havana and students of the Camilo Cienfuegos Military School in Santa Clara. The participating military cadets were chosen for their good grades and high discipline.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3634
- today: 2340
- online: 125
- total: 5043504