Havana, October 17 (RHC)-- Cuban civil society ratified Friday their condemnation of Washington's blockade policy against Cuba, according to the final declaration of the 12th National Forum against the US blockade held Friday.
Organized by the Cuban Association of the United Nations, the forum was attended by some 3 hundred representatives from 140 Cuban NGOs, among them youth and students organizations, trade unions, scientific and cultural organizations and religious denominations.
The President of the Cuban Society of International Law, Luis Solá described the US blockade as an illegal policy, and stressed that the Cuban people are entitled to receive financial, material and moral compensation from the United States.
Participants in Friday's forum insisted on the need for the punitive US policy to be lifted once and for all.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3634
- today: 1269
- online: 124
- total: 5042433