Santiago de Cuba, October 22 (RHC-PL) –- Cuban President Raul Castro has congratulated the Coro Madrigalista choir on its 60th anniversary, in acknowledgement of its quality and perseverance in performing this music style. Minister of Culture Julian Gonzalez praised the talent, perseverance and revolutionary spirit of the group, which has enhanced the musical heritage of the nation and has taken its work to the children and young people in the communities.
Magalis Sanchez, director of the Coro Madrigalista, thanked President Raul Castro for his recognition and described it as an encouragement to continue the artistic labor in the Cuban city, a traditional home of choirs.
Sanchez mentioned the International Festival of Choirs, the oldest event of choirs in Cuba, to be held in December that was created with the support of Electo Silva, founder of Orfeon Santiago and National Music Award winner.
Coro Madrigalista will perform at the opening ceremony of the event, which is expected to be attended by singers from numerous countries.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 4882
- online: 181
- total: 3861743