San Salvador, October 24 (RHC)-- Solidarity with Cuba organizations in El Salvador and Uruguay expressed their support for the cause of the Cuban government and people against the economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed and maintained by the United States of America against Cuba for over half a century.
During a press conference Friday at the Cuban embassy in San Salvador, the Salvadorian capital, the Coordinating Committee of Solidarity with Cuba and the country's Association of Salvadorian Health Professionals Trained in Cuba demanded the immediate, unconditional lifting of the punitive, unilateral U.S. blockade policy.
Meanwhile, the National Coalition of Social Organizations of Uruguay, CONOSUR, denounced the economic losses caused to Cuba by the U.S. blockade, which surpass 120 billion dollars.
A communique issued by the coalition in Montevideo, the Uruguayan capital, highlighted also the extra-territorial nature of the blockade policy. It recalls that the U.S. blockade affects Cuban and U.S. citizens and nationals and companies from third countries as well. They insist that it is an act of war, which violates International Law and the UN Charter.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4441
- today: 3908
- online: 166
- total: 3833055