Havana, November 17 (RHC)-- Three million foreign tourists picked the island as their holiday destination so far this year, which translates into an 18 percent growth compared to a similar period of 2014, according to the Cuban Tourism Ministry.
Canada continued to be the major source of tourists to Cuba, with over one million 110 thousand travelers, followed by European countries. And the island reported an increasing number of visitors from Latin America.
According to the Cuban Tourism Ministry, these results are linked to the new Cuban scenario, the efforts of tourism workers to improve the quality of service and the support given by several local economic sectors.
Even when the most recent accords between the United States and Cuba paved the way for an increase in the visits of U.S. citizens to Cuba, the travel ban is still in force, the Cuba Tourism Ministry explains. If the Cuba-travel band did not exist, Cuba could be receiving 140 cruise ships that operate in the Caribbean area.
- Jorge Arreaza: Cuba and Venezuela are sister nations and we are on the right side of history
- Vietnamese deputy prime minister and foreign minister concludes official visit
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3262
- today: 1821
- online: 148
- total: 5945587