Cuban President Raul Castro Meets with Visiting President of International Committee of the Red Cross
Havana, November 25 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raul Castro met on Tuesday evening with Peter Maurer, president of the International Committee of the Red Cross, who is on a working visit to Cuba.
During the meeting, Raul Castro and Peter Maurer addressed the good state of relations between Cuba and the international institution and other issues of bilateral interest in the humanitarian field, according to this morning's edition of Granma newspaper.
The talks were attended by the head of the regional delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross for Mexico, Central America and Cuba, Juan Pedro Schaerer. On the Cuban side was the Minister of the Revolutionary Armed Forces Army General Leopoldo Cintra Frias, as well as Acting Foreign Minister Marcelino Medina.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8608
- today: 8343
- online: 278
- total: 7371806