Havana, December 4 (RHC)-- Los Portales S.A. beverage company -- a joint enterprise created by Cuba’s Corporación Alimentaria and the Nestle Group -- is celebrating two decades since its foundation, having reached monthly sales of eight million CUC within the national market, and looking to expand exports.
The joint enterprise, devoted to the production and distribution of mineral waters and carbonated soft drinks, maintains a modest level of exports. Studies are underway to determine how sales abroad could be increased.
Pedro Castaño, the company’s export manager said the company’s spring water is most in demand outside of Cuba. With two mineral water sources, one in Guane, Pinar del Río, and another in Palmira, Cienfuegos, exports are primarily directed toward Caribbean and Central American countries.
Nicaragua, Jamaica and Curacao are among the company’s clients, since their proximity keeps freight costs low, Castaño explained, adding that the Dominican and Panamanian markets for water are being strengthened, with exports set to increase in 2016.
High demand in the country has allowed Los Portales to expand domestically, and enjoy excellent market positioning in terms of water, as well as soft drinks.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3883
- today: 804
- online: 105
- total: 5243119