Havana, December 4 (RHC)-- Los Portales S.A. beverage company -- a joint enterprise created by Cuba’s Corporación Alimentaria and the Nestle Group -- is celebrating two decades since its foundation, having reached monthly sales of eight million CUC within the national market, and looking to expand exports.
The joint enterprise, devoted to the production and distribution of mineral waters and carbonated soft drinks, maintains a modest level of exports. Studies are underway to determine how sales abroad could be increased.
Pedro Castaño, the company’s export manager said the company’s spring water is most in demand outside of Cuba. With two mineral water sources, one in Guane, Pinar del Río, and another in Palmira, Cienfuegos, exports are primarily directed toward Caribbean and Central American countries.
Nicaragua, Jamaica and Curacao are among the company’s clients, since their proximity keeps freight costs low, Castaño explained, adding that the Dominican and Panamanian markets for water are being strengthened, with exports set to increase in 2016.
High demand in the country has allowed Los Portales to expand domestically, and enjoy excellent market positioning in terms of water, as well as soft drinks.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3634
- today: 2335
- online: 122
- total: 5043499