Havana, December 4 (RHC)-- Los Portales S.A. beverage company -- a joint enterprise created by Cuba’s Corporación Alimentaria and the Nestle Group -- is celebrating two decades since its foundation, having reached monthly sales of eight million CUC within the national market, and looking to expand exports.
The joint enterprise, devoted to the production and distribution of mineral waters and carbonated soft drinks, maintains a modest level of exports. Studies are underway to determine how sales abroad could be increased.
Pedro Castaño, the company’s export manager said the company’s spring water is most in demand outside of Cuba. With two mineral water sources, one in Guane, Pinar del Río, and another in Palmira, Cienfuegos, exports are primarily directed toward Caribbean and Central American countries.
Nicaragua, Jamaica and Curacao are among the company’s clients, since their proximity keeps freight costs low, Castaño explained, adding that the Dominican and Panamanian markets for water are being strengthened, with exports set to increase in 2016.
High demand in the country has allowed Los Portales to expand domestically, and enjoy excellent market positioning in terms of water, as well as soft drinks.
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The British government erupts in flames
- Cuban president meets with Belize's prime minister
- Bolivian ambassador: division among regional countries only serves the imperialist, hegemonic interests of the United States
- Foreign minister: protecting the interests, well-being and personal integrity of Cubans will continue to be priorities of our country’s foreign policy
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3445
- today: 741
- online: 127
- total: 5545165