Guantánamo, December 4 (RHC)-- Cuban Vice President José Ramón Machado Ventura has highlighted the need to harvest the land towards achieving sustainable agricultural development and food security.
Addressing the Provincial Assembly of People's Power in eastern Guantánamo province, Machado Ventura pointed to the need to increase coffee production –a main export item of the territory, which has experiences a sharp decline due mainly to severe drought over the past years.
Addressing the local parliamentary assembly, Denny Legrá Azahares, First Communist Party Secretary in Guantánamo said the province's future will depend largely on the rational, adequate use of available resources to strengthen and diversify agriculture.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4133
- today: 3047
- online: 143
- total: 4938953