Guantánamo, December 4 (RHC)-- Cuban Vice President José Ramón Machado Ventura has highlighted the need to harvest the land towards achieving sustainable agricultural development and food security.
Addressing the Provincial Assembly of People's Power in eastern Guantánamo province, Machado Ventura pointed to the need to increase coffee production –a main export item of the territory, which has experiences a sharp decline due mainly to severe drought over the past years.
Addressing the local parliamentary assembly, Denny Legrá Azahares, First Communist Party Secretary in Guantánamo said the province's future will depend largely on the rational, adequate use of available resources to strengthen and diversify agriculture.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 2962
- online: 217
- total: 3859823