Guantánamo, December 4 (RHC)-- Cuban Vice President José Ramón Machado Ventura has highlighted the need to harvest the land towards achieving sustainable agricultural development and food security.
Addressing the Provincial Assembly of People's Power in eastern Guantánamo province, Machado Ventura pointed to the need to increase coffee production –a main export item of the territory, which has experiences a sharp decline due mainly to severe drought over the past years.
Addressing the local parliamentary assembly, Denny Legrá Azahares, First Communist Party Secretary in Guantánamo said the province's future will depend largely on the rational, adequate use of available resources to strengthen and diversify agriculture.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4164
- today: 2496
- online: 141
- total: 4484249