Guantánamo, December 4 (RHC)-- Cuban Vice President José Ramón Machado Ventura has highlighted the need to harvest the land towards achieving sustainable agricultural development and food security.
Addressing the Provincial Assembly of People's Power in eastern Guantánamo province, Machado Ventura pointed to the need to increase coffee production –a main export item of the territory, which has experiences a sharp decline due mainly to severe drought over the past years.
Addressing the local parliamentary assembly, Denny Legrá Azahares, First Communist Party Secretary in Guantánamo said the province's future will depend largely on the rational, adequate use of available resources to strengthen and diversify agriculture.
- Ambassador: “Bolivia is the Consecration of Indigenous People's Dream of Liberation, Decolonization”
- Second Stage of General Elections Underway in Cuba
- Israel Throws New Challenge to the International Community
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4472
- today: 1613
- online: 207
- total: 4222179