Havana, December 18 (RHC)-- The governments of Cuba and Sweden ratified in Havana a common interest in strengthening ties, with the signing on a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to boost cooperation and set up a consultation mechanism for regular exchanges between the two countries' foreign ministries.
The document was signed at the headquarters of the Cuban Foreign Ministry in Havana by Swedish Ambassador Elísabeth Eklund and Cuban Deputy Foreign Minister Rogelio Sierra.
The Cuban diplomat said that the memorandum of understanding signals the political will on both sides to expand and strengthen cooperation at the highest level, while also promoting dialogue on several bilateral, as well as international political, social and economic issues.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4701
- today: 4632
- online: 142
- total: 6616958