Havana, January 8 (RHC)-- Havana residents, representing the entire Cuban people, welcomed on Friday the contingent of young Cubans reenacting the Rebel Army’s Freedom Caravan, 57 years ago.
On January 8th, 1959, a group of victorious revolutionaries led by Fidel Castro arrived in Havana, marking the completion of their journey across Cuba.
Every year, groups of outstanding young Cubans reenact the freedom caravan's historic journey from Santiago de Cuba to Havana. During their east-to-west journey, they are greeted by local residents, visit places of interest and carry out several activities.
The caravan's journey concludes at Havana's former Columbia barracks, a former stronghold of the Batista dictatorship, turned into a school after the revolutionary triumph, and the site from where Revolution leader Fidel Castro addressed Havana residents on January 8th, 1959.
- Jorge Arreaza: Cuba and Venezuela are sister nations and we are on the right side of history
- Vietnamese deputy prime minister and foreign minister concludes official visit
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3262
- today: 2095
- online: 118
- total: 5945861