San José, April 14 (RHC)-- The government of Costa Rica has rejected Washington's arbitrary migration policy, which encourages illegal migration of Cubans to the United States.
A statement Wednesday, issued upon the arrival in the country of more than one thousand Cuban migrants en route to the United States, announces that President Luis Guillermo Solís will raise the issue of the illegal Cuban migrants in a letter addressed to his U.S. Counterpart, Barack Obama.
It adds that President Solís has given precise instructions on how to proceed, including the return of Cuban citizens entering Costa Rica through irregular means.
The text denounces that while U.S. legislation like the Cuban Adjustment Act and the 'wet-foot, dry-foot' policy encourage illegal migration of Cubans to the United States, they also favor and promote human trafficking and organized crime.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 16
- Puerto Rico: the struggle for independence continues
- 35th Jazz Plaza Festival well-underway, both in Havana and Santiago de Cuba
- Imperialism and Revolution Episode #22
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 15
- Ricardo Alarcón: Recent anti-Cuba measures by the Trump Administration reflect complete failure of Washington's Cuba policy
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11605
- today: 5841
- online: 153
- total: 6993617