San José, April 14 (RHC)-- The government of Costa Rica has rejected Washington's arbitrary migration policy, which encourages illegal migration of Cubans to the United States.
A statement Wednesday, issued upon the arrival in the country of more than one thousand Cuban migrants en route to the United States, announces that President Luis Guillermo Solís will raise the issue of the illegal Cuban migrants in a letter addressed to his U.S. Counterpart, Barack Obama.
It adds that President Solís has given precise instructions on how to proceed, including the return of Cuban citizens entering Costa Rica through irregular means.
The text denounces that while U.S. legislation like the Cuban Adjustment Act and the 'wet-foot, dry-foot' policy encourage illegal migration of Cubans to the United States, they also favor and promote human trafficking and organized crime.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3453
- today: 1178
- online: 96
- total: 4947475