Havana, April 22 (RHC)-- Cuba's international radio station Radio Havana Cuba is calling on its listeners all over the world to participate in a new contest -–the Orlando Castellanos Special Award 2016. As is traditional, the winner will be announced in Havana during the International Broadcasting Convention.
This year's award consists of a painting with the image of Cuban singer/song-writer Silvio Rodríguez by the Painter from Ibero America, the late Ecuadorian painter Oswaldo Guayasamín, on occasion of Silvio's 40th birthday.
Programs putting forward for this award must be related to the life and work of Silvio Rodríguez, who is considered one of the best exponents of Cuba's nueva trova music movement.
The radio programs may be developed in any journalistic gen-re and should not exceed 15 minutes. They should be sent in digital form to Radio Havana Cuba before May 1st, 2017. This year's contest is also dedicated to the 55th anniversary of Radio Havana Cuba – Cuba's only shortwave radio station.
The contest is open to broadcasters of Cuba or any other country in Latin America and the Caribbean in any of the eight languages that Radio Havana Cuba broadcasts: Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, Arabic, Quechua, Creole and Esperanto.
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3210
- today: 2206
- online: 122
- total: 5942710