Holguin, May 5 (RHC-ACN) -- The improvement of the teaching of French as a second foreign language in Cuban universities is the main challenge concerning the professors from the University of Holguin these days.
Rita Cepero, French teacher for more than a decade in the house of higher learning, told ACN of the need to improve the academic programs, especially in post-graduate studies, because they lack updated bibliography.
Students who are studying English language learn French as a second language, she said, but the level of expertise must be aligned with the parameters set by the European framework for its domain and therefore they need continuity of studies.
The growing relations with French-speaking Caribbean countries, and others like Canada, one of the main markets choosing Cuba each year as tourist destination, demonstrate the need to give French its rightful place in today's world.
The foreign language department of the University of Holguin is also preparing for its inclusion in the World Francophone Agency, to which the Higher Education Centers of Havana, Santiago de Cuba and Villa Clara already belong.
- Ambassador: “Bolivia is the Consecration of Indigenous People's Dream of Liberation, Decolonization”
- Second Stage of General Elections Underway in Cuba
- Israel Throws New Challenge to the International Community
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4472
- today: 1977
- online: 216
- total: 4222543